Hello World!

Hi everyone,

I'm Pasquale (aka linocardi92), a 31-year-old guy from Italy, trying to find an interesting path for my life!

I was born in a small village near Naples, in southern Italy, called Vico Equense, a wonderful and quiet seaside place.


I was a very quiet child, and from a young age, I loved music. As I grew older, I also developed an interest in technology. I wasn't very good at school, especially at the beginning, and when my parents met with my teachers, they often said, "He has great potential, but he needs to try harder." Ahhh, shut up! πŸ˜‚

okay, so...

My life has been a seesaw between tech and music: I started playing piano at the age of 6 and graduated from both the conservatory (in classical piano, of course) and high school, where I studied accounting and programming. After that, I chose to study software engineering at the University of Naples while also pursuing my piano mastery. At that point in my life (I was 19, I think), I was too busy to manage both piano and university, so I made a choice: I left university and continued my music journey because, according to my professors and parents, I was quite promising (in their opinion πŸ˜…). And, looking back, it wasn't a bad choice: I studied and worked in France as a piano accompanist, graduated from the Academy of the "Teatro alla Scala" in Milan in 2021 as a "piano repetiteur" for opera singers, and, last but not least, I met my incredible wife: meeting her would not have been possible without this path. I had the chance to meet a lot of interesting people, and I will never regret any of it... 

You, What?... πŸ˜•

I know what you're thinking: "If you had this path, what's your problem? Why did you create a blog called 'The Dev Project'?"; You're right, but the answer isn't easy. Like your lives i think,  human stories are complex, and the more we grow, the more certainties we seek. 

For me, this period is full of questions like: "Am I really happy?" or "What do I want from my life, and what can I do to give my wife a peaceful future?" Now that I have achieved what many would consider a dream, I can't feel fully happy (the precariousness of this job, especially in Italy, doesn't help). I play and study opera music all day, hours and hours, and it's fantastic, but I can no longer find the excitement. And look, to be honest, this has always been a constant in my life.

So, I stopped and thought a little bit: what will I do now?

This is the reason why I opened this blog...

The "programming thing" has been on my mind almost every day, and now I think it could be something that helps me find and define myself and my future objectives.

So, I searched for a long time on the internet. I found courses, bootcamps, and a lot of other programs that promise to make you a junior developer in six months. All of it seemed good (maybe?), but I wasn't sure... So I continued to search, and one day I stumbled upon an interview by "Giuppy<dev>", a YouTuber and freelance programmer, with WANNABEDEV. This fascinated me because she talked about how she reached the goal of being hired as a developer by a company within a year. I thought, "This is awesome!" I started listening to all of her podcasts where she gives some guidelines if you want to start a similar journey... so... why not... She is very similar to me in many ways, so I said: "If she reached this goal, then I can do it too." Let's try.

I love this phrase: "Hello World!" but I also like to change it to "Hello life!" or whatever you think will help you find the right path.


So, thank you for your incredible patience (you deserve a cup) but I hope the story of my past life will help you found the right path for happiness πŸ’š.

P. S. I will publish news of my project here almost every week 😎


Commenti

Post piΓΉ popolari